Motor Vehicle Inspection Deputy Manager Job at NTSA
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Motor Vehicle Inspection, the Deputy Manager, Motor Vehicle Inspection, will be responsible for management of Officers, vehicle standards, inspection standards and inspection services offered in Inspection Centres.
Duties for the Motor Vehicle Inspection Deputy Manager Job
- Direct operations in the Motor Vehicle Inspection Centres;
- Develop, initiates and implements vehicles standards;
- Supervision of Officer In-Charges;
- Interpret and Implement Traffic Act Cap 403;
- Implements Regulations concerning Roads Transport;
- Public relations between the motor vehicle inspection and the stakeholders (clients);
- Preparing memorandum for vehicle change of status and taxation classes;
- Planning, controlling and coordinating Motor Vehicle Inspection activities of inspection of motor vehicles;
- Preparation of budgets;
- Inspection of accident vehicles; and
- Attending court cases.
Motor Vehicle Inspection Deputy Manager Job Qualifications
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must possess the following key requirements;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering from an Institution recognized in Kenya;
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering or its equivalent from an Institution recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage;
- Must be a registered Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya;
- A minimum of eight (8) years engineers experience, three (3) of which must have been in the grade of Senior Engineer (Mechanical/Automotive ) or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public/ Private Sector;
- Experience on vehicles repairs and vehicle body construction;
- Knowledge on road vehicle standards;
- Experience on vehicles diagnostic equipment;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Attended Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
How to Apply
If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your typed application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials indicating three referees, National Identification card, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate, valid Police Clearance Certificate from Criminal Investigations Department and clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s head Office, Hill Park Plaza, ground floor, Upper Hill Road, Nairobi in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to;
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
All applications should be received not later than 5:00pm on April 28, 2017
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.