Senior Enrolled Nurse Job Vacancy At Busia County In Kenya
Pursuant to Article 235 1 (b) of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and sec.59 1 (b) of the County Government Act, the county Government of Busia wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in various Departments as given below:
Senior Enrolled Nurse I, Job Group â€˜Lâ€™ (50) Positions
Senior Enrolled Nurse JobÂ Responsibilities
The specific duties will be to oversee service delivery in the following areas, among others
- assessing patients and clients and establishing health care needs;
- planning and implementing nursing care interventions based on patientsâ€™/clientsâ€™ health needs;
- Providing health education and counseling on identified health and socio-economic needs to patients/clients!
- referring patients and clients appropriately;
- facilitating patientsâ€™ admission and discharge in a health facility;
- ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment;
- ensuring safe custody of in-patients belongings;
- maintaining records on patients/clients personal and health condition/care;
- conducting assessment of school health needs;
- planning, implementing interventions and preparing periodic reports;
- conducting occupational health needsâ€¢ assessment, planning, implementing, evaluating, making
- recommendations and preparing periodic reports;
- providing appropriate healthcare services including immunization, reproductive health;
- guiding and orienting staff, students and health personnel; and
- Carrying out health outreach activities.
Requirements ForÂ Senior Enrolled Nurse Jobs
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have;
- served in the grade of Senior Enrolled Nurse II for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Certificate in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Enrolled Nurse, Kenya Enrolled Community Health Nurse, Kenya Enrolled Midwife, Kenya Enrolled Psychiatric Nurse or Enrolled Nurse/Midwife from a recognized training institution;
- Enrolment Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen; and
- Demonstrate understanding of the commitment of the National values and principles of Public Service
- Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010, Article 10 and 232.
Terms of service:
- Permanent and pensionable.
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â
- Busia County is an equal Opportunity Employer. Persons With Disabilities (PWD), Women, Youth and Minority Groups are encouraged to apply. Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 13th May, 2016.
- The Secretary/CEO, County Public Service Board, Private Bag â€“ 50400, BUSIA (K).
- Hand delivered applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board offices, Port Victoria Plaza, 2nd Floor, next to the Ministry of Energy along Hospital Road (1km from Farmiew Hotel).