Nurse Job at LVCT Health
LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that utilizes research to inform policy reform advocacy and strengthen HIV service delivery. We optimize our impact on the HIV/AIDS response by building capacity of partners and pay special attention to vulnerable groups and populations with special needs.
We are looking for dynamic Kenyans, well qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following vacant positions
Position: NURSES (6 Posts) – NR/LVCT/09/2016
Reporting to: Project Manager
Location: Kisumu, Kisii/Migori
- To provide HIV/AIDS and related treatment services at the LVCT Health clinic as a member of the clinical team.
- The nurse will ensure adherence to the highest standards of care in the clinic and provide preventive, curative, rehabilitative and supportive nursing care to individuals, families or groups and participate in health promotion.
- The nurse will also play an instrumental role in ensuring infection prevention practices are maintained and nursing services are optimal.
Nurse Job Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Carrying out initial assessment and triage of all patients attending the clinic and instituting a fast track system in line with the standard operating procedure
- Performing clinical consultations for clients attending the care and treatment clinic under the supervision of the Clinical Officer and/or Medical Officer
- Provision of sexual reproductive health services to clients and ensure effective referrals
- Ensuring implementation of infection prevention and control guidelines in the clinic
- Provide regular feedback/updates to care staff and site in-charge on work related concerns
- Ensuring timely compilation and submission of all clinic reports as required
- Undertaking regular documentation of program activities and outcomes through technical briefs, abstracts and best practice documentation
- Leadership in documentation of index client follow up through Partner and Family testing
- Providing information, education and communication to clients and their families in the clinic through support groups, health talks or educational materials like pamphlets
- Supporting in delivery of other clinical duties (e.g. nutrition, adherence) when required.
- Supporting in delivery of outreach services including STI diagnosis and treatment for general and at risk populations.
- Up to date record keeping and management of clients’ data
- Support in submission of reports to relevant authorities in a timely manner
Requirements for Nursing Job
- Diploma in Nursing – Registered Nurse
- At least three (3) years work experience in relevant sectors
- Good understanding of HIV in Kenya environment
- Good knowledge in Nutrition
- Experience in Maternal Child Health and Family Planning
- Experience in working with the Government of Kenya guidelines, standards, tools and best practices
- Good data management and report writing skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with contacts of three referees, Salary history and expectations to [email protected] clearly indicating the position applied for, reference number and desired location on the subject line. Applications should reach us NOT later than October 12, 2016