Nurse Jobs at United States International University Africa (USIU) (2 Positions)
Reporting to the Principal Medical Officer, the holder of this position will be required to provide nursing care to patients, treat medical emergencies, and administer prescribed medications under the supervision of a clinician. He/she will ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out in accordance with nursing standards.
Nurse Job Key Responsibilities
- Treat patients and observation of vital signs.
- Man the Medical Center reception and receive patients
- Maintain medical records
- Observe and monitor patients’ conditions.
- Offer medical advice to clients
- Assist in surgical procedures and dressing of wounds
- Sterilize surgical equipment and packaging them
- Referral (where necessary) of medical emergencies
- Accompany patients to hospitals upon referral (in the ambulance)
- General housekeeping of Medical Center – maintaining proper hygiene standards
- Assist in preparation/pre-packaging of first aid kits,
- Assist the clinician in administering drugs when needed
- Assist in monthly stock take
- Send invoices monthly and follow up payments
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience for the Nurse Job
- Diploma in Nursing from an accredited medical training institution
- Kenya Registered Nurse/Kenya Registered Community Nurse
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- 3 years’ proven experience in a Level 4 Hospital
(Preference will be given to a candidate with experience in a university setting)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications (Health Management Systems)
- Familiarity with health management systems
How to Apply
- If you had previously applied for any of the listed positions, please do not re-apply. If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by: 9th December, 2016
- Administration Director United States International University – Africa P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya Email: [email protected]
- USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.