Job Title: School Nurse (2 Vacancies)
Organization: Victorious Education Services
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Victorious Education Services is a pioneer leader in education which was founded in 1999 and currently operates a chain of Day Care, Kindergarten Boarding and Day Primary Schools.
Job Summary: The School Nurse will support Victorious Education Services in the provision of general practice for preventive and basic curative needs of learners and staff in the institution
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will ensure good health for pupils in the dormitory.
• Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate parental guidance programmes that promote proper upbringing of the learners.
• Creating a homely environment for the learners that will make their stay comfortable.
• Identify, and attend to learner’s challenges and growth needs in the dormitory.
• Work closely with other dormitory mothers for care and support to develop parenting strategies in line with policies and procedures of the institution.
• Attend to all parents inquiries and provide timely feedback as required from time to time and in line with the Institutional policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the learner’s hygiene, health, and behaviour is monitored constantly and all the time.
• Ensure safe storage, use of all learners items for the desired period of time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant must be a registered nurse.
• Proven nursing skills.
• Ability to communicate difficult messages to patients and families.
• Ability to provide counselling in a clinical environment.
• Practical knowledge of healthy living.
• Working knowledge and understanding of clinical management.
• Possess a minimum of ‘O’ Level certificate.
• Additional qualification in child related programs will be an added advantage.
• Must demonstrate passion for children.
• Ability to demonstrate motherly skills.
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to provide counselling to learners.
• Practical knowledge of child growth needs.
• Desiring to do the right thing at all times.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Aiming at delivering quality work.
• Seeking to honor God in all we do.
• Able to care for the learners.
• Must be creative in delivering all our services.
• Must be an avid reader and willing to learn and use of ICT
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should submit their applications with a detailed C.V, day time telephone of three referees, attach one current colored passport photo and relevant academic documents to: The Administrator, P.O. Box 26278 Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: Friday, 23rd October 2015 by 5.00 pm.