Job Title: Enrolled Nurse (8 Jobs vacancies)
Organisation: Health Service Commission
Funding Source: United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
Reports to: Nursing Officer
Funding Source: Masindi, Uganda
The United States Government under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
(PEPFAR) is a key partner in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Uganda that plans to complement the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) effort in addressing the Human Resources for Health (HRH) shortage. The support aims to scale up HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment interventions in light of the rising HIV/AIDS prevalence in the country. Health workers recruited under this support will be contracted by the implementing Partners and they will be seconded to identified hospitals and Health Centres.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Takes part in continuous nursing coverage on Wards/Units by receiving reports and effectively handing over to in-coming staff.
• Keeps patients comfortable and ensure a clean and safe environment.
• Provides timely treatment as prescribed and carry out nursing procedures.
• Carries out observations, keep proper records and ensure their safe custody.
• Participates in doctors/clinical officers’ ward rounds.
• Receives patients, registers admissions and discharges.
• Ensures that aseptic techniques are adhered to in the preparation procedures.
• Maintains close contact with patients
• Ensure confidentiality
• Carries out Health Education to patients and their attendants.
• Actively participates in Primary Health Care activities.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Nursing Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants for the nursing jobs should be enrolled nurses or enrolled comprehensive nurses with certificates from recognized institutions
• At least two years’ experience as an enrolled Nurse.
• The applicant must be registered and licensed with the Nurses and Midwives Council.
• The candidate should possess a patient focused approach and pleasant personality.
• The applicants must be registered and licensed with the Nurses and Midwives Council.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested should send their applications in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (Revised 2008) to the Secretary of the respective District Service Commission. The application forms are obtainable from the Health Service Commission and District Service Commission Offices or download here. Handwritten applications in triplicate are also acceptable. The applications should bear the title, number of the post applied for, name of the District and name of the site where the job is tenable. (Check at the top of the bottom). Please include telephone contacts on the application. The applicants should apply for only one post in one Local Government. The applicants should attach to each of the three application forms or hand written application letters three (3) sets of certified photocopies of their academic certificates, testimonials, professional registration certificates, valid practicing licenses and three (3) of their recent passport-size photographs.
Send your applications or deliver them to the district address as indicated below;
Masindi P.O. Box 67, Masindi
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Health workers who are already in government service or private not for profit (PNFP) employment should not apply and will not be considered.
Deadline: 29th September, 2015