Role Profile: Center Nurses
Sheer Logic is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for the Center Nurses position for one of our clients.
The main role is to maintain high clinical standards expected by our client and actively work to promote the clinic and contribute to improved financial performance.
The nurse promotes and restores patients’ health through collaboration with all team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients.
He/she also supervises other team members.
Location: Kibera, Rongai, Nyeri, Kakamega and Bungoma
Key Result Areas
1. Provision of Quality Client Care
- To provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health, contraceptive options and other services;
- To ensure that all clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration. If complaints are raised, to be able to effectively manage and resolve them and to promptly refer to the Team Leader if the client complaint continues or is of a serious magnitude;
- To maintain the highest possible standard of client care by providing quality care to all clients;
- To implement a smooth, efficient client flow to minimise client waiting times;
- To monitor and evaluate client care continuously and recommend improvements as necessary; and
- To provide accurate information to clients, and their families where required, to enable clients to make informed decision about their reproductive & sexual health.
2. Budgetary Control, Maintain Record Keeping, Reporting and Performance Management
- To ensure sufficient supplies are available to provide services without disruption and that stock is dispensed and counted accurately; stock cards are updated continuously and waste and spoilage of stock (i.e. expired stock) and stock outs are minimised;
- To comply with all financial standing operating procedures including accurate and timely management of advances and surrenders required for outreach provision;
- To ensure accurate client records are maintained in both the client record book and daily register;
- To ensure all client information is kept confidential at all times and stored appropriately;
- To provide accurate, timely collation of activity data for internal and external reporting purposes;
- To analyse activity trends and ensure performance targets are achieved, pro-actively identifying and implementing opportunities for improvements; and
- To assist in the collection of client feedback data.
3. Technical and clinical service provision
- To provide all of the following clinical services to a consistently high standard and in accordance with clinical guidelines and protocols;
- All methods of short and long-term contraceptive methods, including injections, implants and IUDs.
- Removal of implants and IUDs where required.
- Assistance with tubal ligation and vasectomy procedures.
- Cervical screening, STI screening and treatment and VCT.
- To conduct weekly checking of essential equipment, promptly inform the Team Leader of their current status, and following up repairs or maintenance as required;
- To carry out all nursing procedures (as laid down in the procedure manual);
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness and infection control measures;
- To ensure instruments are appropriately sterilised and stored in compliance with infection control protocols;
- To order medical supplies and consumables in good time to avoid shortage;
- To ensure proper storage of medical supplies;
- To support clients through the provision of vocal local techniques during procedures;
- To attend clinical training and supervision as required;
- To promote and ensure proper use of the Client Information Center (CLIC); and
- To support new team members in their induction & orientation and assist with training as required.
4. Participate in promotional and marketing activities
- To fully participate in planned promotional activities including educational and awareness-raising events with clients, community members and other stakeholders.
- To positively promote our client as a leading, quality provider of reproductive & sexual health services.
- Diploma in Nursing from a recognised medical training college.
- Bachelor in Nursing will be an added advantage.
- Registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Minimum 2 years post training working experience.
- High regard for confidentiality;
- Commitment to excellent client care and the delivery of client-focused services;
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care;
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care;
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care;
- Skills in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to both oral and written enquiries;
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical and clinic staff and the public;
- The ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations;
- The ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures;
- Team player who accepts constructive criticism and is comfortable with giving constructive criticism.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure; and
- Ability to work flexibly to meet service needs.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 21st July 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: [email protected] clearly marking “Center Nurse” on the subject line.
Please indicate which station you are applying for e.g. “Centre Nurse – Kakamega.”
Failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted