Impact Research and Development Organization (IRDO) is a registered Kenyan NGO with a main office in Kisumu and regional offices in 10 counties of Kenya.
IRDO’s principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS research and intervention programs that improve the health status of individuals and local communities.
IRDO is currently funded by Kenya Red Cross Society through Global Fund Round 10 HIV/AIDS Project to implement HIV prevention, care and treatment services targeting Key Populations in Kisii County.
We are looking for qualified and experienced personnel to fill in the following position from October 2015.
Job Summary: Provide or assist in the provision of Minimum Package of Clinical services at the Tumaini Wellness Centre – Kisii and during community outreaches targeting Key Populations as per the set National Guidelines / standards
Reports to: The Wellness Centre Coordinator
Location: Based in Kisii Central Sub-county, with frequent field visits to provide outreach services outside the sub-county.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assess clients and establish health care needs as necessary.
- Diagnose simple common health conditions, prescribe, and administer treatment.
- Provide appropriate healthcare service; e.g. administration of treatment, dispensing drugs, etc.
- Provide health education and counseling to clients on identified health problems and socio-economic issues related to their health.
- Keep clinical environment tidy and safe; ensure efficiency and safety of assigned nursing commodities.
- Ensure that the health care services are friendly, responsive to the needs and offered at the convenient
- time of Key Populations and their clients.
- Diploma in Registered Nursing from a recognized nursing training institution and in possession of a registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must have at least one year’s experience in a busy health facility.
- Training and practical experience in Key Populations Intervention, an added advantage.
- Knowledge on HIV/AIDS care and treatment added advantage; ability to diagnose and treat STIs.
- Must be pleasant, have good communication skills and willing to work in challenging environments and under pressure.
How to Apply
Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 5th September 2015.
The Human Resources Manager
Impact Research and Development Organization Baring Drive, Off Awuor Otiende Road, Opp. KBC Transmission Center O. Box 9171 – 40141 Kisumu.
e-Mail: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.