Nursing Officer Job at IRDO, Kenya
Impact Research and Development Organization is a registered Kenyan NGO with a main office in Kisumu and regional offices in ten counties.
IRDO’s principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS research and intervention programs that improve the health status of individuals and local communities.
We are looking for qualified and experienced personnel to help the organization achieve it objective.
Nursing Officer Job Summary:
- Provide or assist in the provision of minimum package of clinical services at selected youth friendly clinics in Siaya County and during community outreaches targeting most vulnerable adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) aged 15-24 years as per the set National Guidelines / standards.
Reports to: The Field Coordinator – Clinical Services
Location: Based at selected youth-friendly youth centres in Siaya County, with field visits to provide outreach clinical services.
Nursing Officer Job Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assess AGYW and establish health care needs as necessary.
- Diagnose simple common health conditions, prescribe, and administer treatment.
- Provide appropriate healthcare service; e.g. administration of treatment, dispensing drugs, etc.
- Provide health education and counseling to clients on identified health problems and socio-economic issues related to their health.
- Keep clinical environment tidy and safe; ensure efficiency and safety of assigned nursing commodities.
- Ensure that the health care services are friendly, responsive to the needs and offered at the convenient time of AGYW.
Minimum Requirement for Nursing Officer Job
- Diploma in Registered Nursing from a recognized nursing training institution and in possession of a registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must have at least one year’s experience in a busy health facility.
- Training and practical experience in providing youth-friendly services, an added advantage.
- Knowledge on HIV care and treatment added advantage; ability to diagnose and treat STIs.
- Must be pleasant, have good communication skills and willing to work in challenging environments and under pressure.
How to Apply
- Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 24/06/2016.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply.
- The Human Resources Manager Impact Research and Development Organization P. O. Box 9171 – 40141 Kisumu.