Nursing Officer Jobs at Matibabu Foundation(7 posts)
Reports to:Nursing Officer In-Charge
Matibabu Foundation is dynamic NGO based in Siaya County. Our focus is to improve the quality, affordability and accessibility of healthcare with more attention to the women and their families through offering affordable, facilities- based health care with extensive laboratory and pharmaceutical services.
Matibabu Foundation is growing as we live our mission of “Providing family centered health information & services that meet or surpass the expectations of our clients, by working with individuals, the community and government to improve overall health goals”.
As a result of this growth, several vacancies have arisen, and we therefore invite qualified, talented and highly motivated candidates to fill the following positions.
Nursing Practice is to provide safe efficient age specific nursing care to patients/families using the nursing process in order to assist them to attain, maintain, regain, and sustain optimal health status.
Requirements and Qualification of Nursing Officer Jobs
- Diploma in Nursing Science Degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Registered Nurse by the Nursing Council with current license to practice
- Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification
- At least 3years Experience preferably in a Clinical set-up
- Thorough knowledge of routine nursing process and practice.
- Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge is an added advantage
- Able to use a wide variety of technical equipment to meet patient needs and prescribed medical therapies (i.e. stethoscopes, thermometers, sphygmomanometers and electronic monitoring devices
Nursing Officer Position Responsibilities
- Implements the nursing process by delivering effective relationship based nursing care.
- Provide the patient care on a very personal level.
- Provide daily report directly to physicians and RNs.
- Responsible for taking vitals and monitoring in-and-out volumes and treating common ailments like bedsores.
- Preparing and or performing several procedures such as dressing wounds, bathing and dressing, and giving enemas.
- May administer prescribed medicines or start IV fluids to patients.
- Maintenance of quality nursing care at all times to the patient.
- Ensure that the report is correctly given at each shift change.
- Carry out all nursing duties and other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Apply technical skills in care delivery that result in safe practice and positive care outcomes.
- Demonstrates clear communication and effective collaboration to optimize patient care and clinical operations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to: – The Administration Officer, Matibabu Foundation, P.O. Box 230 – 40607, Ukwala, Kenya. OR E-mail to [email protected] so as to reach us not later than 5th October, 2016. NB: Only successful and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Matibabu Foundation is an Equal opportunity Employer.