Job Title: Nursing Officer/ Midwife
Organisation: Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI)
Funding Source: MRC (UK) and U.S. PEPFAR
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Scientist
The Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI) based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe is a bilateral multi-disciplinary research organization funded by, the Medical Research Council (UK) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Uganda under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and other donor agencies. Established in 1988, the MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS is an internationally recognized center of excellence for research on HIV infection and related diseases, contributing knowledge on the revolving epidemic, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention, and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide.
Job Summary: The Nursing Officer/ Midwife will conduct medical procedures related to the study and provide medical care to study participants
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for medical management of study participants according to national clinical guidelines including general health care, EMTCT, ART and cervical cancer screening
• Provide reproductive health services (STI screening, treatment, ANC, and all types of family planning)
• Regularly review and update clinic supplies and make requisitions appropriately.
• Ensure proper clinic data collection in line with Good Clinical Practice.
• Prepare and submit regular clinic reports and suggest improvement in the clinic management
• Performs phlebotomy and testing of clients samples in the field
• Keenly track laboratory results and take appropriate action.
• Administer study questionnaire and perform study procedures as per protocol
• Offer relevant health education to the study participants.
• Provide counselling to clients when needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should possess a Diploma in comprehensive Nursing/Midwifery
• Short courses on research methods, GCP training, counselling
• A minimum of two years’ experience in a clinical research setting
• Computer skills, good communication skills
• Good counselling skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications letters, copies of academic qualifications and curriculum vitae including names, telephone contacts and email addresses of three (3) referees should be sent only via e mail to: [email protected]
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Deadline: 25th September 2015