Job Title: Nursing Officer/Interviewer (4 Job Placements)
Organisation: Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI)
Funding Source: MRC (UK) and U.S. PEPFAR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Leader
Position Code: NOINTERV915
The Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI) based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe is a bilateral multi-disciplinary research organization funded by, the Medical Research Council (UK) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Uganda under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and other donor agencies. Established in 1988, the MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS is an internationally recognized center of excellence for research on HIV infection and related diseases, contributing knowledge on the revolving epidemic, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention, and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide.
Job Summary: The Nursing Officer/Interviewer will be in charge of interviewing study participants and provide medical care to those who may be found sick during the survey
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer the study information sheet and consent forms to study participants
• Administer survey questionnaires to study participants.
• Provide basic medical care to study participants who are found sick during the survey and refer those with complicated problems to the MRC study Clinic.
• Carry out phlebotomy and prepare dried blood Spots as per study protocol
• Keenly track laboratory results and take appropriate action.
• Provide relevant health education to the study participants.
• Provide counselling to clients when needed.
• Transport the DBS to the laboratory as per study protocol
• Ensure that survey participants get their compensation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants must hold Diplomas in Nursing/comprehensive, any other diploma qualification with experience in interviewing older people
• Short courses on research methods, GCP training, counselling
• A minimum of two years’ experience in clinical and research setting
• Computer literacy and proficiency in office applications
• High degree of integrity and flexibility
• Excellent communication skills
• Good counselling skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications letters, copies of academic qualifications and curriculum vitae including names, telephone contacts and email addresses of three (3) referees should be sent only via e mail to: [email protected]
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: Friday, 9th October 2015