NKSE Sales & Marketing Manager
About the Organization: Nuru Kenya Social Enterprises funds sustainable poverty eradication in rural communities by investing in local entrepreneurs and incubating a diverse portfolio of profitable businesses in the developing world.
Nuru Kenya Social Enterprises is looking for an experienced professional to fill the position of Sales & Marketing Manager
About the Position: The person shall directly report to the NKSE Directors and Business Line Managers
NKSE is looking for a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Sales & Marketing Manager.
The person shall have the overall responsibility of growing and building the customer base, assist in development of new products according to customer preferences, meeting projected revenue targets and assisting with our distribution and supply chain strategy related to our Dairy, Poultry and Consumer Product business lines as well assist in researching new business opportunities both regionally and nationally.
This is a leadership role in a fast growing company and this position will be responsible for launching NKSE products and service models into new markets, developing new product lines, and expanding the market for NKSE’s existing products lines.
Position: Sales & Marketing Manager
Employer: Nuru Kenya
Location: Isibania, Kuria West District, Kenya with frequent travel throughout Nyanza Province and to Kisumu.
Job Type: Full Time, Contract
About the Organization: Nuru Kenya Social Enterprise is comprised of a Dairy, Poultry, and Consumer Products Business lines currently working in Migori County, Kenya and expanding to Kisumu and all of Nyanza Province.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishes targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities;
- Improves product packaging;
- Coordinates new product development
- Builds and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders and suppliers
- Provides information and reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends to higher level management.
- Manage and develop Mpesa sales
- Builds our retail, wholesale and distribution models based on market research and sales outreach.
- Creates monitoring field trials & contributes to efforts on product improvement.
- Achieves agreed sales volumes.
- Identifies and increases customer base.
- Ensures good supplier relationships and identify best suppliers.
- Assists in ensuring good inventory management and timely product delivery to meet customer expectations.
- Materials planning to ensure customer preferred products are available at all times in store/warehouse.
- Ensures sales volumes and profitability targets for all products are met.
- Manages and develops distribution networks and new distribution channels for products.
- Develops an active and profitable route to market in close cooperation with production and logistics units.
- Develops marketing strategies and plans to increase brand awareness and the long term profitability of the brand.
- Perform additional roles as may be assigned from time to time.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- A four (4) year degree in Sales, Marketing or related course from an accredited Institution.
- A minimum of four years of sales management experience.
- Experience managing sales teams and building their capacity/effectiveness.
- Direct sales & customer service experience, including acquiring and developing/increasing customer base.
- Contacts and networks within one or more of the following business areas in Kenya (especially in Western region/Nyanza Province): Dairy, poultry, and consumer products.
- Excellent communication skills, esp. in communicating value of products to customers and in management of a team and growing its capacity.
- Experience writing sales plans and tracking sales goals and activity of sales teams.
- A proven track record of increasing sales volumes and/or customer/distributor numbers.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of sales force automation technologies and experience in applying these technologies in sales process solutions.
- A positive attitude and the ability to stay flexible in a fast paced, changing environment. High energy, impeccable ethics and enthusiasm required
- Some experience with inventory management/control and or supply chain and logistics in a retail and/or wholesale consumer product type business highly desirable.
- Self-motivated, innovative, critical thinker and results oriented.
- Good leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in computer applications including use of spread sheets, word processors, presentations and use of Internet.
Working Conditions: Work will be performed in the office, and sometimes in the field. Some work is also expected from the computer at home during evenings and weekends during busier seasons.
Remuneration: Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
Nuru Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we give equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter supported by at least two known references. Kindly quote your current and expected salary.
Please complete your application in English, include your phone number, and email it to [email protected] by September 30, 2015.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.