Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Our Client’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
Purpose of the Position: Facilitate an exit strategy with Community Units following MoH Community Health Strategy in partnership with fellow Community Health Extension Workers, Community Health Workers, Community Health Committees and Health Facility Management Committees.
Carry out basic health evaluations and co-facilitate health training activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
R1. Child Level
- Carry out nutritional assessments for OVCs in liaison with the health team and in partnership with CHWs, District Nutritionist and other partners in development.
- Through spot check visits, monitor health of malnourished OVCs on a supplemental feeding grant in liaison with the health team and in partnership with CHWs.
- Engage relevant community stakeholders to become active participants in a community referral system that links children to local clinics for health care and disease prevention.
- Train and mentor CHWs on how to make referrals for survivors of sexual and/or physical abuse.
- Carry out medical examinations, treatment of minor ailments, and advise on ways to integrate these into the community referral and health facility system.
- Recommend and/or refer children with other and/or special medical needs for further care.
- Provide nutritional counseling and medical advice to families.
- Refer families feeding to the internal agricultural staff and external partners to improve their food security.
- Provide group counseling to families and caregivers on general health matters.
- Coordinate HIV and RH activities including Counseling, Referrals, and Home Based Care.
- Facilitate health and medical training grants for teachers to improve their understanding and teaching aptitude for health and medical matters.
- Coordinate and co-facilitate health training and mentorship of CHWs.
- Monitor home-based care providers
- Assess aptitudes of various local clinics and present recommendations on the clinic’s training needs and priority areas of support with the aim of achieving a minimum standard for health care to the community.
- Provide back-up support at local health facilities.
- Take part in coordinating and co-facilitating health training of CHWs.
- Take part in mentoring CHWs in their work both in the field and through monthly group meetings. Monitor their progress and results to ensure effective delivery of disease prevention messages and health clinic referrals.
- Facilitate age appropriate health talks about abstinence, safe sexual behaviours and healthy life decisions through primary and secondary school clubs.
- Provide quality and timely delivery of all grant reports, in their agreed format and deadlines.
- Maintain and keep up to date and accurate field records and reports of activities and beneficiaries according to the organization’s M&E and reporting requirements.
- Participate in inventory management of medical drugs and supplies.
- Engage in follow-up of referrals to ensure efficient processes and support supervision.
- Ensure the integrity of information collected and presented is not compromised in any way whatsoever.
- Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of the mission and vision.
- Degree in Nutrition, or any other relevant disciplines.
- Diploma holders with significant experience will also be considered.
- Nutritional Health related training
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Should possess strong communication, negotiation, and administration skills.
- Should have a valid Motorbike license and be able to ride the motorbike.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to email:
- (1) cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed,
- (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements,
- (3) three references and
- (4) C.V.
- to: [email protected], by 28th July, 2016. Important: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed.
- Applications not following all steps will be automatically disqualified