Deputy Director, Human Resource Management Job At Nyamira County, Kenya (JOB GROUP “Q”)
Human Resource Management Director Job Responsibilities
- The Officer will maintain and enhance the County’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- The officer will be responsible to Director Human Resource Management & Development for the following duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions,
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs,
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions,
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors,
- Maintain employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs,
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures,
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records,
- Be proficient in application of Information communication technology (ICT). Previous experience with Oracle/HRIS is preferable,
- Updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions,
- Implementing decisions on appointments, promotions, transfers, deployment, discipline and exits,
- Carrying out of staff audits, identifying gaps and proposing optimal staffing levels in various Departments,
- Management of the payroll and staff records,
- Overseeing management of the staff medical scheme, pension scheme and statutory deductions,
- Coordinating the preparation of the Personal Emoluments budgets, and
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications For Human Resource Management Director Job
- Must be a Kenyan citizen,
- Bachelor‟s degree in Human resources management from a recognized University. Master‟s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage,
- Have at least senior management course,
- Have at least five (5) years of consistent hands-on experience in human resources management,
- Must have served for at least two (2) years at senior management level in managing human resources in a competitive environment,
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and results,
- Be proficient in application of information communication technology (ICT). Previous experience with Oracle/HRIS is preferable,
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya,
- Registered with IHRM.
You must attach photocopies of the following clearances:-
- KRA certificate on tax compliance
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from HELB
- Credit Bureau
- Certificate of good conduct
How to Apply
- All applications should be accompanied with a copy of National ID card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials.They should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked on the left side the position advertised to reach on or before 26th August 2016 addressed to the undersigned. NB: Please quote reference number when applying.
- THE SECRETARY COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD P.O BOX 434-40500 NYAMIRA