Senior Budget & Planning Officer I Job at Nyandarua County Assembly Board, Kenya
Nyandarua County Assembly Board invites applications from suitably qualified kenyans to fill the following vacant posts.
Senior Budget and Planning Officer I
(NYACASB 9) One (1) post
Budget & Planning Job Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing annual budget estimates and related economic analysis;
- Determining aggregate expenditure and maintaining real time budget vote book;
- Controlling expenditure as per the budget lines;
- Preparing expenditure reports and analysis;
- Compiling and monitoring departmental work plans;
- Reconciling Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) reports and statements;
- Undertaking assigned responsibilities within IFMIS and Internet Banking system;
- verifying compliance of payment vouchers to the laid rules and procedures;
- General accounting work including book-keeping and routine accounting entries;
- Enforcing compliance with statutory deductions and tax obligations in all Assembly’s transactions ;
- Preparing procurement plans; and
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum requirements for Budget & Planning Job
- A bachelor’s degree in economics from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A certified public accountant ( Kenya);
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Kenya’s public budgeting process including preparing procurement plans;
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Kenya’s taxation laws and practices; and
How to Apply
- Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit applications in own hand writing accompanied by a two page curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport and any other relevant documents.
- All applicants should Clearly indicate the position applied for in the reference line and be addressed to;
- The secretary, County Assembly Service Board, Nyandarua County assembly, P. O. Box 720-20303 Olkalou.
- Or be hand delivered to the office of the Clerk County Assembly of Nyandarua located at the premises of the former Olkalou town council opposite Olkalou police station so as to reach him not later than 4th July 2016, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.