Information Officer Job at Nyeri County
The County Government of Nyeri wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in the Departments of Land and Infrastructure and in the Public Administration, Information and Communication.
(J.G ‘J’- 4 Posts
Video /Sound- 2 Posts
Print Media- 2 Posts
Reporting to the Director of Communications the officer will be responsible for the following;-
Information Officer Job Responsibilities
- Assisting in the development of communications and media strategy.
- Assisting in sourcing and arranging for appropriate television and radio programs to disseminate information on activities of the Governor
- Assisting in documenting the Governor’s events through video,photography and press cutting.
- Assisting in the preparation and placement of radio and TV infomercials
- Assisting in the preparation of exhibitions and trade fairs
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
Requirements for Information Officer Job
Applicants for Print media must:
- Be a holder of at least a diploma in any of the following disciplines from a recognized institution in Kenya:- Mass Communication, Journalism,
Public Relations, Communication Studies, Media Studies / Sciences;
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of 1 – 3 years in Public Communications
Applicants for Video/Sound must have:
- Diploma in video editing, field studies or related field
- Proven working experience of 1-3 years in video/Sound editing
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g.After Effects, Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity etc.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
Terms of Service: permanent and pensionable
Remuneration and benefits:
- Basic Salary: Kshs. 24,662 – 29,918 p.m
- House allowance: Kshs. 5,850 p.m
- Transport Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 p.m
- Medical Cover: Provided for self, spouse and dependent children up to 21years of age.
- Leave: 30 days annual leave with leave allowance.
All Applicants MUST attach their certified copies of the following documents:
- Academic and Professional Certificates and other testimonials. National Identity Card
- Applicants for positions of Directors must also attach the following documents: Certificate of Good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (C.I.D).
- A certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (C.R.B).
- Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (H.E.L.B).
- Clearance certificates from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (E.A.CC).
- Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (K.R.A)
- The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply
- Download the Application/Employment Form from the county website here Complete the Application/Employment Form and submit with all the relevant documents No CV is required in view of the duly completed Application/Employment Form
- Applications, together with the required documents should be sent to:
- The Secretary Nyeri County Public Service Board, KARSON’S Photo House Kimathi Street, 2nd Floor P.O Box 90-10100, Nyeri
- Applications should reach the Secretary on or before 4th August 2016 via postal service, courier service or hand delivered