- In liaison with the Legal Officer, the job holder will be responsible for identifying external and internal risks that the company may face, evaluating the likely effect of these risks, introducing a range of control measures and monitoring and evaluating the success of these measures.
- To provide services, and ensure that company properly is insured.
Key Tasks and Job Responsibilities:
- Assessing various risks for the company and preparing a risk mitigation program.
- Carrying out annual risk inspection and coordinating surveys as requested by underwriters.
- Arranging for loss prevention/seminars or sensitization of staff to appraise them on risk prevention or reduction
- Arranging for accident investigation and surveys
- Liaising with the relevant heads of departments for implementation of recommendations made by the underwriters, surveyors/inspectors as a way of loss management so as reduce on ‘down time’.
- Evaluating the nature, working, scope of cover for the Company’s insurance policies
- Liaising with the Legal Officer to ensure that the premiums paid are compatible with risks covered and as proposed at quotation stage
- Exercising supervision and giving guidance to staff in Lodging of claims
- Maintaining and updating all insurance policies and endorsement for addition or disposal of assets
- Updating schedule of assets
- Liaising with insurance companies and brokers for timely issuance of policies & settlement of claims
- To advise staff on claim procedures.
- Timely settlement of premiums.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Insurance / law / commerce / risk management or any other relevant field.
- Computer literate
- Professional certification in CPA, ACII or CFA will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Applicants interested in the above positions should send their comprehensive curriculum vitae, two coloured passport size photographs, copies of academic and prof essional qualifications, testimonials and copy of identification card together with the mobile/day time telephone contact and names of three (3) referees (one whom must be current/previous employer) so as to reach the under mentioned on or before 30/11/2016 at 5pm Managing Director Nzoia Sugar Company Limited P.O Box 285-50200 Bungoma (Kenya) Nzoia Sugar Company is an equal opportunity Employer