Nzoia Water Services Company Limited was registered under the Companies Act (CAP 486) in 2004.
The mandate of the company is to provide cost effective and affordable quality water and sanitation services to the residents of the cluster towns of Kitale, Bungoma, Webuye, Kimilili and Malaba Township.
We are seeking to recruit exceptional Kenyan national with strong leadership skills and extensive experience to fill the following positions.
Risk and Internal Audit Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Board and the Managing Director, the role will be responsible for
- ensuring that all fixed and current assets are accounted for on regular basis by continuous verification of the existence of such assets;
- designing, reviewing and developing audit techniques, policies and procedures for assessing comprehensive financial, corporate and systems audit reporting;
- preparing the annual audit plan and ensuring that it is effectively and efficiently implemented;
- analyzing outcomes of audit activities, providing timely and accurate reports and following through to ensure that recommendations are considered and implemented in a timely manner;
- carrying out special audits and investigations as may be required from time to time and prepare reports of findings for the Board in case of ad hoc audit;
- developing department staff appraisal and Training Needs Assessment structures;
- appraising progressively the soundness, adequacy and application of the internal control systems;
- ascertaining the extent to which the system of internal control ensures compliance with the company´s policies and procedures and State laws and regulations;
- reviewing and reporting on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information.
Requirements for Appointment:
The applicant should be
- a holder of Bachelor of Commerce/Business Management degree or BA in Economics;
- have over five (5) years cumulative experience in audit and or finance three of which should be at senior management level;
- be a fully qualified public Accountant, CPA (K);
- be a member of ICPAK or related professional body and a certified internal systems auditor.
- Those with MBA accounting or Finance option will have an added advantage.
- Information Communication Technology Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the ICT supervisor will be responsible for;
- Carrying out appropriate data back up and data recovery and restore system in case of failure;
- ensure all computers in the organization are networked and free of security risks;
- management of the mobile payment system;
- carry out regular systems (Hardware and Software) update;
- enforce system security matrices and perform system integrity checks;
- regular antivirus updates and removal of virus from the infected system;
- preparation of monthly IT reports while advising on emerging technologies and innovation based on the industry;
- safekeeping of original software and licenses and keeping inventory of hardware and update list regularly;
- train staff on use of existing and any technologies introduced and assist them with computer problems;
- ensure efficient offices automation through approved appropriate technologies e.g. email, telephone, copiers etc;
- ensure that the company website is working and ensure implementation of an ERP.
Requirements for Appointment:
- The applicant should be
- a holder of High National Diploma/Diploma in ICT/MIS, Computer Sciences / Engineering or its equivalent plus;
- have Computer professional qualifications such as MCSE, CCNA, CCIE and
- have five (5) years experience in a reputable Organization.
- Those with BSc in ICT will have an added advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants may apply enclosing a detailed resume, copies of academic and professional certificates plus testimonials, names and addresses of three (3) referees (include telephone contact and email).
The applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director, Nzoia Water Services Company Ltd, P.O Box 1010-50205,
Email: [email protected],
and should be received not later than 30th September 2015.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.