About us: Ocean Basket is based at The Oval Westlands in Nairobi.
We focus on bringing a new dimension to the Kenyan dining scene, since at our restaurant you’ll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned money.
The following position is open for Application with a reasonable starting salary and a safe working environment.
General overview of Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking qualified applicants to join our professional restaurant team.
The successful candidate should have a strong ethic, be responsible for restaurant operations per their designation and ensuring our high standards level are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take payment in exchange of items sold
- Ensure take away foods are wrapped well for customers
- All transactions entered in the cash register and customers given the bill
- Issue receipts and change to customers.
- Process credit card and cheque payments
- Maintain a neat, tidy and orderly work station
- Keep track of money in the cashbox at the end and beginning of each shift
- Respond to customers’ complaints and escalate to the supervisor if necessary
- Any other tasks as assigned by the restaurant manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Minimum of two years working experience in a high ranking restaurant or hotel
- 20-25 years of Age
- A minimum grade of C in K.C.S.E
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills
- Excellent culinary expertise
- Superior food and beverage knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi task.
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality and a winning smile
- Should be able to withstand pressure
- Should be able to handle customer complaints
- Should be able to work under minimum supervision
Kindly send your CV together with a cover letter and a passport size photo.
How to Apply
All candidates must state in the heading the job title being applied for.
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to ([email protected]) stating their current and expected gross remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of 3 referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.