About us: Ocean Basket is based at The Oval Westlands in Nairobi.
We focus on bringing a new dimension to the Kenyan dining scene, since at our restaurant you’ll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned money.
The following position is open for Application with a reasonable starting salary and a safe working environment.
Position: Security Guard
General overview of Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking qualified applicants to join our professional restaurant team.
The successful candidate should have a strong ethic, be responsible for restaurant operations per their designation and ensuring our high standards level are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the building/premise assigned to him is safe and secured from any sort of contingencies and acts of violence
- Keenly observe each and every person entering the premise and to keep an eye on intruders
- Ensure safety of the premise as well of the people
- Prevent the entry of unauthorized people and prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- To conduct routine checks inside the building each day
- To report all the suspicious acts happening in the premises to the relevant authority.
- Check each and every office and make sure that all the possible entrances and exits are closed, and all the lights/electric equipment are switched off.
- Answer the emergency alarms with immediate effect, and to inform the respective department (such as fire department in case of fire) right away
- Make detailed notes of damages to the premise or assets or of unusual occurrences.
- Enforce and adhere to all the rules and regulations, and to warn the violators regarding possible consequences.
- Constantly inspect and monitor all the security devices and equipment and to ensure that they are not tampered with.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Minimum of two years working experience in a high ranking restaurant or hotel
- 20-25 years of Age
- A minimum grade of C in K.C.S.E
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills
- Able to handle irate and tough customers
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent culinary expertise
- Superior food and beverage knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi task.
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality and a winning smile
Kindly send your CV together with a cover letter and a passport size photo.
How to Apply
All candidates must state in the heading the job title being applied for.
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to ([email protected]) stating their current and expected gross remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of 3 referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.