Ocean Basket is based at The Oval Westlands in Nairobi.
We focus on bringing a new dimension to the Kenyan dining scene, since at our restaurant you’ll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned money.
The following position is open for Application with a reasonable starting salary and a safe working environment.
Position: Grill Chef
General overview of Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking qualified applicants to join our professional restaurant team.
The successful candidate should have a strong ethic, be responsible for restaurant operations per their designation and ensuring our high standards level are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits
- Preps assigned items
- Grills raw and prepped foods to order and to requested temperature.
- Cuts or portions meat, fish and poultry
- Communicates with Team Members, FOH Team Members and Management throughout the shift regarding status of orders and availability of product.
- Labels all food items for food safety and shelf-life standards.
- Rotates product according to “First In, First Out” to maintain shelf-life standards.
- Keeps the Grill Area neat, clean and sanitary.
- Stocks/restocks items on line according to specifications.
- Understands and complies with food safety and temperature standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Minimum of two years working experience in a high ranking restaurant or hotel
- 20-25 years of Age
- A minimum grade of C in K.C.S.E
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills
- Excellent culinary expertise
- Superior food and beverage knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi task.
- Should be a team player
- Should be able to handle pressure
- Should be able to work with minimum or no supervision
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality
Kindly send your CV together with a cover letter and a passport size photo.
All candidates must state in the heading the job title being applied for.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to ([email protected]) stating their current and expected gross remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of 3 referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.