Whichever the scenario, they need the right technologies to grow more food more often, and to produce crops of higher nutritional and market value. Of particular concern – one of the topmost priorities –is the issue of soil health. African farmland soils are badly depleted, due to continuous farming land not allowed to rejuvenate, which is worsened by nutrient mining without replenishing soil nutrients.
The smallholder‘s challenge is either to produce more food and more income from less and less land with rapidly deteriorating soils, or to turn drylands into productive farms. So the right technologies must include those which can restore and improve soil health and fertility. Currently the most widely known and available technologies are inorganic fertilizers, which are not matched to the particular needs of specific soils or agro-economic zones.
The lack of knowledge and access to organic fertilizers hinders farmers‘ uptake of sustainable agricultural practices.
In 2011 Wanda Agriculture was established to address these challenges and deliver along the triple bottom line – profit, people and planet. Having completed its technology research and licensing phase, proof of concept stage and first half of its pilot phase, the company has split into two strategic units – Wanda Organic to produce effective soil and plant health solutions and Wanda Mobile to distribute the solutions and service the end user.
Responsibilities for the Office Admin/Reception Job
- Office Management – manage office operations in line with company policies.
- Front Desk Operations – receive both internal and external enquiries and provide appropriate feedback where possible.
- Customer are – receive, attend to clients and direct them to the respective departments as per their needs.
- Office Machines – ensure office equipment’s are properly maintained and serviced.
- Records keeping – custodian of office documents and ensure all contents are well stored, recorded and accounted for.
- Logistics Support – compile and submit requisitions for office supplies and services.
- Events Coordination – co-ordinate and organize office appointments, events and meetings.
Office Admin/Reception Job Qualifications
- Degree in Business Management from a recognized University.
- A diploma in Front Office Operations will be an added advantage.
- 2-4 years’ work experience in office administration in a busy organization.
- Proficiency in Ms Office.
- Age bracket 24-30 years old.
Personal skills and attributes required
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and effective listening skills.
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants to apply by sending in their applications to [email protected]