Vacancy: Associate – Office Administration
Reporting to: Senior Associate: Office Administration
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
About Evidence Action: Evidence Action is assuming management and growth responsibility for two programs tested and incubated at Innovations for Poverty Action that are currently making a difference in the lives of millions of people in Africa and Asia: the Deworm the World Initiative (DTW) and Dispensers for Safe Water Initiative (DSW). Evidence Action scales proven development interventions and crafts resilient business models for long run success.
Dispensers for Safe Water: Each year, over 1.8 million children under the age of five die from diarrhea, a leading cause of which is unsafe drinking water. DSW is an entrepreneurial team tasked with scaling the Chlorine Dispenser System (CDS) – a proven innovation for dramatically expanding access to water treatment at extremely low cost.
DSW’s work is growing rapidly – we currently serve over 1 million people in Kenya, our primary country of operations, and plan to reach 25 million in the next 5 years. Our program has ambitious plans to expand in 2-3 countries in the coming 2 years.
Our work is based on strong proof of Chlorine Dispenser impact – a randomized controlled trial in Western Kenya demonstrated a six-fold increase in the number of households treating their water with chlorine. Such a dramatic expansion in safe water usage will prevent over 1.4 million cases of diarrhea and 1,300 child deaths each year once we reach our Kenya target of 5 million people served.
Deworm the World Initiative The Deworm the World Initiative (DtWi) actively supports the scale-up of school-based deworming programs worldwide to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development.
Description of duties
Administration and Office support
- Serving as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with all departments in Kisumu, and other field offices
- Supervising a team of four including assigning them duties and monitoring their performance
- Overseeing the day-to-day activities of the office by ensuring that systems are up and running to ensure maximum efficiency
- Overseeing general cleanliness of the office premises and maintenance of the office at all times;
- Organizing and facilitation of meetings, conferences and other office events, and participating when and where appropriate.
- In charge of office security
- Coordinating staff travels and accommodation for staff and other guests to the organization
- Participating in recruitment and on boarding new staff
- In liaison with the senior associate, managing field office leases and ensuring timely processing of rent.
- Management of office imprest by following the established policies, ensuring timely submission of returns.
- Setting up new offices and ensuring they have all the required
- Supporting programs and all DSW field office in their procurement needs
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers to obtain the best deals in terms of quality, quantity and pricing
- Identifying and vetting of new suppliers, ensuring that they meet the organization’s requirements before engaging their services.
- Ordering and Receiving goods and ensuring both quality and quantity is observed
- Tracing, tracking and expediting the purchase processes to meet set timelines
- Maintaining an up to date list of all purchases for Kisumu and the field offices
- Maintaining an asset register for Kisumu office
- Maintaining communication with all departments to ensure their procurement needs are well taken care of
- Reviewing invoices, delivery notes and purchase orders and initiating payment process
- Ensuring all new capital assets are insured.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years’ work experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- The capacity to prioritize tasks and work under pressure;
- Ability to multi task without compromising quality of output
- Ability to liaise well with others and delegate tasks;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads; Problem-solving skills and project management ability.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate under own initiative and also take instructions to prioritize and manage a diverse workload.
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Enthusiastic to take on a role with significant responsibility while developing personally and professionally
- Problem solving skills;
- Independent, proactive and willing to take initiative.
- Interested in a work environment that is flexible, creative, and constantly changing.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online Deadline to Apply: On a rolling basis