Office & Administration Support Job At Coffey
Jamii Thabiti Programme- Mombasa
Jamii Thabiti is looking for support assistants to conduct cleaning and office support duties on a 1 year contract, with possibility of extension.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives
Jamii Thabiti Programme
Jamii Thabiti is looking for support assistants to conduct cleaning and office support duties.
Security represents a significant challenge for Kenya. In order to address these high levels of violence DFID Kenya established the Jamii Thabiti Programme, also known as the Kenya Improving Community Security Programme (ICS).
Jamii Thabiti is a £13.5 million, 3.5 year DFID funded problem driven programme that aims to increase security and safety for men, women and children in Kenya through increasing the capacity of key institutions (such as the police and county government) to prevent and respond to violence.
In doing so, the programme will address three types of violence: criminal violence, inter-communal violence and violence against women and girls (VAWG) initially in eight counties: Kisumu, Bungoma, Wajir, Mandera Nakuru, Baringo, Kwale and Kilifi.
Office & Administration Support Job Purpose
- The Office and Administration Assistant will support the functionality of the Jamii Thabiti office in Mombasa. They will be responsible for regular cleaning duties as well as providing administration, front office and operational support.
Office & Administration Support Job Responsibilities
- Cleaning regularly, and according to processes and timings set out by the line manager.
- Conducting office support tasks, including, but not limited to, the use of telephone and office equipment; reception duties; mail and filing; office health and safety; and maintaining office equipment.
- Conducting an equipment (including printers and water dispensers) and systems check (including lights, drainage) daily to ensure all parts of the office are working properly, and reporting to the Procurement and Contracts Officer when not.
- Ensuring sufficient supply of standard forms and stationary in the office. Ensuring documentation is scanned and stored electronically on the Jamii Thabiti Sharepoint site where appropriate.
- Arrange mail delivery as requested and provide proper documentation thereof.
- Maintain health and safety, by checking there are no fire hazards, fire extinguishers are current and in place, no un-taped electrical cords or other tripping hazards, no overloaded electrical outlets, medical kits are fully equipped, emergency lights and candles are available and that there are no boxes or other items are left in common space and corridors of office.
- Ensure that the front desk, and telephone have constant coverage and that visitors receive excellent customer service, and are made to feel welcome and are treated with respect.
- Assist the Finance Manager and Procurement and Contracts Officer, with additional support tasks for Office management, procurement support, supply chain and inventory management
- Assist in in-house meeting refreshment arrangements as and when required.
- Qualifications For Office & Administration Support Job
- Adhere to all security advice from Jamii Thabiti Security Manager and Coffey’s Risk Management Team.
- Undertake other activities reasonably requested by the Programme Manager, Programme Director or Chief of
- Party for the successful accomplishment of the programme’s immediate objectives.
- Adhere to Coffey’s behaviours with Safety at the core: Integrity; Collaboration; Delivery; Ingenuity; Respect; Intelligent Risk
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of application and CV to [email protected] with the subject line Office and Admin Support (Mombasa). Applications close: 8/9/2016.