National Sports Fund is a State Corporation established by Sports Act No. 25 of 2013 part III section 12 under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and The Arts. The Fund is mandated to raise funds through sports lottery, investments and any other means and disburse the funds for the development of sports and recreation. The Fund now invites applications from suitable individuals to fill the following vacant positions:
SENIOR OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR, GRADE NSF 6
Vacancy No. NSF/16/2016 Number of Posts: One (1)
Office Administrator Job Responsibilities
The officer appointed to this grade will answerable to the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- taking oral dictation;
- using e-office to research and process data;
- operating office equipment;
- attending to visitors and client;
- handling telephone calls;
- handling customer inquiries and complaints;
- coordinating schedules of meetings and appointments;
- coordinating travel arrangements;
- ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents, including classified materials;
- ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- establishing and monitoring procedures for record keeping of correspondence and file movements;
- maintaining an up to date filing system in the office;
- preparing responses to routine correspondence; and
- managing office protocol and etiquette.
Qualifications For Office Administrator Job
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- served in the grade of Office Administration I for a minimum period of three (3years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Secretarial Studies; Bachelor of Business and Office
- Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; OR
- Bachelors degree in Social Sciences plus a Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Secretarial Management Course lasting not less than three (3from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated professional competence in management of office administrative services.
How to Apply
- Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya. They must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher education loans board
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission.
- Criminal Investigation Department (certificate of good conduct)
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Those fulfilling the requirements of the position should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the envelope together with a detained c.v and all relevant testimonials stating your current position, current remuneration, expected salary, email address, telephone contacts. Applicants are also expected to provide postal address, telephone and email contacts of three references latest on 7th October, 2016. All applications should be addressed to:
- The Chairman, National Sports Fund, P.O Box 4644 – 00200, NAIROBI
- Applications should be delivered By Hand To The Fund’s Office During work hours.