ffice Assistant Job at the International Potato Center
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking an Office Assistant to work in our CIP office based in Eldoret, Kenya.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor.
- The Office Assistant will be responsible for keeping the office and surrounding area clean.
- The Assistant is expected to be courteous to staff and visitors and provide a welcoming environment to the office.
Office Assistant Job Tasks & Responsibilities
The principal tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Keep the office premises and surrounding area clean and tidy (cleaning, dusting, mopping and drying floors, windows, furniture and kitchen equipment);
- Make tea/coffee for CIP staff and visitors;
- Replenish consumables (soap, tissue, paper towels) on regular basis;
- Keep an update on the conditions of office items and kitchen equipment;
- Weekly count of office items and recording them;
- Photocopying and Binding;
- Carrying out messenger duties (e.g. posting parcels, banking services, payment of bills, obtaining quotations);
- Make sure the office is locked properly at the end of the day;
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor within the overall function of the job.
The successful Office Assistant will have:
Requirements for Office Assistant Job
- A KCSE Certificate as minimum educational qualification;
- Fluency in English and Swahili required;
- The employment contract will be for a two-year term (with three months’ probation period) with the possibility of renewal subject to performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply through CIP’s Job Opportunities website here, including a cover letter summarizing their relevance to this position, a full C.V. and the names and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s work experience. Screening will begin on 22nd October, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted