Office Assistant Job at Perion in Kisumu, Kenya
Our client is a leading distributor of trusted and quality FMCG brands in the market. They seek to hire anOffice Assistant for their Kisumu Office to provide administrative, secretarial and clerical support to others in the officeand to maintain an efficient office environment.
Office Assistant Job Key Responsibilities:
- answer phone and transfer to the appropriate staff member
- take and distribute accurate messages
- greet public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member
- coordinate messenger and courier service
- receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- monitor incoming emails and answer or forward as required
- prepare outgoing mail for distribution
- fax, scan and copy documents
- maintain office filing and storage systems
- update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and client information
- retrieve information when requested
- update and maintain internal staff contact lists
co-ordinate and maintain staff administrative records such as staff parking, staff phones and company credit cards
- type documents, reports and correspondence
- organize travel arrangements for staff
- co-ordinate and organize appointments and meetings
- monitor and maintain office supplies
- ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank
- Make sure the office area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
Education and Experience for Office Assistant Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Diploma in Secretarial studies.
- At least 1 yeas previous experience as an office assistant
- competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent
- internet skills including use of e-mails, group messaging and data collection
- Good organization and planning skills
- Good work management and prioritizing skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
If you are up for the challenge and possess the desired qualification and experience, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]with the title “REF: OFFICE ASSISTANT-KISUMU” on the subject line of the email.