Job Title: Office Assistant/Receptionist
Organisation: Tango Consult (T-cons)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tango Consult (T-cons) is a research, market research, advocacy and technical support consultancy company registered and with offices in Uganda and South Sudan. It has implemented several research, market research, perception surveys, assessment, baseline studies, M&E, peace building, governance, natural resources, human security, law reform, rule of law, human rights, business and training projects in the Eastern Africa region. It has undertaken and implemented projects and consultancies for the World Bank, EAC, EASF, IGAD, ICGLR, RECSA, AWF, UNDP, CSOs, governments and international organizations /NGOs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide a general office support function by performing various office duties including office administration, procurement, accounting, filling, stock taking, and arranging transport.
• Take part in in cost saving initiatives and adhere to financial procedures.
• Receive all incoming calls and visitors by directing them according or attending to their needs or appointment requirements.
• Maintain and distribute the T-cons internal telephone list.
• Print telephone records on a monthly basis and distribute to all extension holders.
• Ensure that all messages are forwarded to the relevant staff.
• Receive and send all documents via courier services and maintain appropriate registers.
• Responsible for the presentation of the reception area.
• Prepare and attend to all outgoing mail.
• Log all telephone/extension problems.
• Promptly attend to all customers according to company protocol.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Front Office Management, Public Relations, or Business Administration from a recognised university or college
• At least two years of administrative. Applicants with prior telephone experience will have an added advantage.
• Fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a covering letter, updated CV, and contact details of three referees via e-mail or post your application to: The Director Operations at [email protected] or post to: P.O. Box 24992 Kampala, Uganda or deliver at its offices at: Plot 1518 Old 62, Kira Road, Victoria House Opp Kadic Hospital Bukoto Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 1st October 2015 by 5:00 PM