Job Title: Office Attendant
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: University Counselor
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Office Attendant will be responsible for the general hygiene of the Counseling offices and delivering documents to and from the office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of overall cleanliness, tidiness and arrangement of the department offices and reception
- Responsible with utmost confidentiality, for taking documents to different offices within and outside UCU in a timely manner.
- Ensure that there is proper record keeping of documents delivered.
- Print and scan documents as required.
- Ensure that break tea is brought from the dining hall and served within the Department
- In charge of the opening and locking up the Counseling Offices at the end of the day to ensure safety and security
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Office Attendant vacancy should hold an advanced level Certificate of Education (‘A’ level)
- Ability to work well with limited supervision
- Willingness and ability to work beyond normal working hours
- Willingness to do cleaning, sanitary work and office errands
- Fairly good knowledge of the English Language
- The applicant should be a mature and committed Christian of high integrity.
How to Apply:
All applicants are encouraged to send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references i.e. academic, leadership and pastoral. Please attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Deadline: 4th March, 2016