Job Title: Office Attendant
Organization: Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Funding Source: Competitive and Enterprise Development Project (CEDP)
Funding Source: World Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Officer, CEDP
About World Bank CEDP Project:
The Government of Uganda received credit from the World Bank towards implementation of the Competitive and Enterprise Development Project (CEDP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to improve the competitiveness of enterprises in Uganda through supporting reforms in priority productive and service sectors geared towards a better investment climate with particular focus on MSMEs. The 5 year project comprises of four major components and is being implemented by seven agencies. However, the overall coordination of the Project lies with the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) through a Project Coordination Unit (PCU). The Government of Uganda recognizes the vital role that the private sector plays in the social economic development of the country. In a bid to address some of the constraints facing the private enterprises, Government included a Matching Grant Facility (MGF) component under CEDP that is directly implemented by the PSFU. The MGF component of CEDP aims at (i) improving enterprise capacity by facilitating beneficiaries access to grants of up to 50% towards use of sector specific business development services (BDS) , building skills and improving quality standards at firm level. (ii) Increasing the growth and competitiveness of the private sector in Uganda in order to maximize returns on products/services through value chain analysis. The MGF is supporting interventions in high-potential and sector specific sub-sectors including; tourism, coffee, horticulture, grains and pulses, fisheries, edible oils, and information communication technology (business process outsourcing).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Office Attendant, CEDP will make tea for office staff/visitors
- Keep the social amenities (kitchen, meeting rooms etc..Clean and all equipments in good working condition.
- Ensure there are sundries items needed in the washrooms at all times
- Dust all surfaces and windows on a daily basis.
- The incumbent will organize office tables and surfaces professionally.
- Perform general office duties, including: photocopying, distribute faxes received to staff members etc
- Distribute office correspondence from reception to every staff members
- Perform any other duties as may be delegated by the Administrative Officer, CEDP
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Bank CEDP Office Attendant job opportunity should hold a UCE Certificate with a credit in English or Professional qualification in Catering
- At least five years related, similar and relevant experience to the assignment
- Mature, self-driven, clean, well-organized and pleasant
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Good team player with good attitude towards work and colleagues.
- Must be hardworking, honest and responsible.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to deliver their application letters, updated curriculum vita and photocopies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. Please clearly indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
The Project Coordinator,
Competitive and Enterprise Development Project (CEDP),
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) – Lower Building,
Plot 43, Nakasero Road,
- O. Box 7683, Kampala- Uganda.
Deadline: 16th December 2016 by 5:00PM