Office & Grounds Cleaner Jobs at Duma Works
Duma works is recruiting an Office & Grounds Cleaner / General Assistant for our client; a non-profit firm that deals with farm produce to ensure food security in Africa.
Classification: General Staff
Contract duration/type: Annual fixed term, renewable on performance + funding availability
Office & Grounds Cleaner Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Mopping the office floor every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Sweeping floor and dusting office desks every Tuesday and Thursday
- Cleaning dishes at the opening and closing of day
- Daily cleaning of toilets and washrooms every morning and afternoon
- Deep cleaning of toilets and washrooms once per week to ensure hygiene
- Making tea every morning for staff
- Reporting when supplies run low (tea, milk, sugar, coffee, cups, plates, cutlery, soap, dishcloths, cleaning rags, bleach, buckets, mops, brooms, etc)
- Fetching water anytime the containers and reservoirs runs empty
- Taking litter out for collection
- Tending the outdoors by Sweeping and uprooting weeds
- Ensuring the entire grounds are free of debris or rubbish/litter
- Assist as assigned with program needs such as: laminating posters and other training materials, assembling folders or binders of documents for trainings or meetings, photocopying, stapling
- Assist as assigned with finance team needs such as: organizing and pasting receipts to pages, photocopying hard copy receipts
- Running office errands like dispatching and collecting parcels in town
- Dispatching and sending inputs to the field
- Routine office purchases such as milk, tea, and other kitchen and office supplies
- Reminding the guard to run the water pump every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Qualifications for the Office & Grounds Cleaner Job
- Secondary school certificate (Form 4)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, team player
- Efficient and organized, attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Physically capable and energetic, able to work quickly and efficiently
- Certificates in computer use or administration are desirable but not required
How to Apply
Send a Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2749”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2749 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 31st March 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.