Innovations for Poverty Action
Start Date: September 23, 2015
Deadline: September 14,2015
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
IPA is an international non-profit research organization. Based in New Haven, CT, with offices in Washington, D.C. and worldwide, IPA works with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches to solving development problems, to communicate “what works” in development and to scale up successful projects in a variety of fields, including health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) seeks a qualified Office Manager to join the team of the IPA Rwanda Office. This position is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency in this rapidly growing office. H/she will oversee office administrative activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and facilities. The Office Manager should also have an aptitude and interest in assisting with Human Resources responsibilities. The Office Manager will report to IPA Rwanda’s Country Director and work in close coordination with all office staff.
• Support the management team with logistics around internal office meetings and project trainings
• Schedule and organize complex activities such as travel, bookings and payments for hotels, airport pick up, conferences, and department activities for all members of the department and international visitors.
• Manage IPA general email account, including forwarding incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
• Purchase, receive and store the office supplies, ensuring that basic supplies are always available
• Code and file material in electronic and hard-copy form according to the established procedures
• Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization’s databases
• Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
• Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff as needed
• Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
• Manage office-wide calendar for visitors and common spaces
• Pick up mail from the post office and maintaining post office box
• Prepare and send outgoing mail and courier parcels
• Purchase, receive and store kitchen supplies for the office, ensuring that basic supplies are always available
• Manage vender and service relationships, including formalizing relationships and negotiating prices
• Support project procurement process and manage all procurement centrally
• Assist in the development of Human Resource materials and procedures, including management of contracts for field staff
• Assist Country Office leadership with the development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance
• Coordinate employee orientation and recordkeeping
• Assist with compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping
• Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting; and employee services;
• Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system
• Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge, skills and attitudes in the following areas:
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
• At least 2 years of experience in a non-profit
• At least 1-3 years of previous experience in office management.
• Knowledge of office administration
• Knowledge of human resource management and supervision
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
• Analytical and problem solving skills; decision making skills
• Effective written, verbal and listening communications skills in English and Kinyarwanda
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy; good planning and organizational skills
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; professional appearance and manner
• Demonstrated ability to design and manage work processes
• Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines
• Computer literacy, specifically MS Word and MS Excel for Windows
• Ability to manage staff (supervisory experience)
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Office Manager. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• Be honest, trustworthy, and be respectful
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and be flexible
• Demonstrate sound work ethics
How to Apply:
Please email your Resume and Cover letter to [email protected] following these instructions exactly:1) In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: 100752OMRwanda, Office Manager, 2) Please attach ONLY your cover letter and resume, 3) In the email body: Put your full name, first name followed by other name. N.B: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the Office Manager. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization.