Office Manager Jobs at Duma Works
Duma Works is recruiting for an Office Manager Position for one of our clients. The Office Manager will also serve as an executive assistant to the MD.
The Office Business Manager provides support to the leadership of the firm that contributes to the delivery of its key business objectives.
The role holder will be at the front line of the Managing Director’s Office delivering support to the Company leadership in order to the drive Company strategy, managing teams so as to deliver key strategies and champion processes and systems to support growth in the Company.
The role holder will work closely with leadership of the firm to motivate the different teams deliver on its key result areas through follow through on its key strategic initiatives.
The person will champion business systems and processes by enforcing compliance and ensure that the systems are followed 100% of the time.
Office Manager Job Responsibilities
Maintain office services and people management
- Responsible for implementing office policies by ensuring adherence of procedures and standards.
- Supervise office staff and ensure all are performing as is expected in regards to their job description.
- Designing filing systems, ensure the systems are up to date and maintained efficiently
- Enforces compliance of business processes and systems and ensures that they are followed 100 % of the time.
- Ensure the personnel files are up to date and secure
- Ensuring a conducive office working environment by ensuring that there are adequate supplies for the smooth running of the office
- Coordinating foreign travel for company employees, providing information and advice to company staff on travel, and making hotel arrangements
- Handling client queries and coordination of event activities to ensure smooth running of the company.
- Arranging appointments and meetings, and act as a secretary for all meetings and teleconferences
- Ensuring company equipment and office space is appropriately utilized and well maintained.
- Ensuring that office equipment & machines i.e. computers, photocopier and faxes are in good working conditions as well as ensuring the cleanliness of the office.
- Effective and efficient co-ordination of functions of the Managing Director’s office.
- Coordinate exchange of information between the Managing Director’s office and other units & individual staff and follow through to ensure feedback is provided, necessary actions are taken and deadlines met.
- Organize and maintain an efficient information storage and retrieval system that guarantees the accuracy and integrity of documents and records in the MDs office.
- Managing internal & external stakeholder relationships.
- Coordination of business development activities for clients channeled through the MD’s office by following through on the various leads and ultimate conversion into business.
- Generates business leads & follows them through to conversion.
- Coordination and follow through of key brand-building initiatives;
- Serves as the project manager of key brand building initiatives from the MD’s office and reports on their progress.
Key Performance Indicators
- Clear Operation processes and awareness about policies to the employees in the Company
- 100% compliance of business processes and systems
- Accurate and timely communication
- Quick response and closure of Operation issues resolved within 1 week.
- Accurate and efficient information storage and retrieval system
Qualifications for the Office Manager Job
- A degree in Business Management, or any relevant field. Formal training in secretarial operations will be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of office administration
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Exceptional inter-personal and coaching skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Firm and exhibits loyalty to the vision of the firm.
- Assertive and energetic.
- Proactive and is a Self-starter
- Takes ownership of problems and develops solutions for them.
- Takes responsibility and accountability for self and demands the same from those working with.
- Willing to learn and master the business products and services of APN
- To be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2933”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2933 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 28 July 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.