Vacancy No. EXT 3/2017
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable Salary and other Benefits
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 10,380 x480 –10,860×510 – 11,370 p.m (Job Group ‘D’)
House Allowance: Ksh.4, 125 p.m
Commuter Allowance: Ksh. 3,000.00 p.m
Leave Allowance: Ksh. 4,000.00 (Once yearly)
Leave Entitlement: 30 days per Financial Year excluding weekends and Public Holidays
Medical Benefits: as applicable in the Civil Service
Driver Job Requirements
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade “D” (plain) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St.John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- Passed Suitability Test for Driver Grade III;
- Passed Practical Test for Drivers conducted by the respective Ministry/Department;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police; and
- At least two (2) years driving experience.
Duties for the Driver Job
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical, and brake system, tyre pressure etc.
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle system;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- Safety of the passenger and /or good therein; and
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the under mentioned position s in the Office of the Deputy President; Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their application by completing ONE (1) application form PSC2 (Revised 2016). The form can be downloaded from Public Service Commission Website www.publiservice.go.ke. The completed application forms should be sent to:
The Principal Administrative Secretary Office of the Deputy President P.O. Box 74434 – 00200 NAIROBI Or Hand –delivered to the Office of the Deputy President’s Registry, Harambee Annex Ground floor, on or before 15th August, 2017.
Candidates should NOT attach any document to the application form.