Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 19638
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Officer Business Planning & Analysis will support high standards of business planning in PBB and the Lines of Business (PB,BB & HNI) by driving a robust planning process including budgeting and forecasting as well supporting the quality of decision making by providing timely and relevant insights based on periodic review of detailed PBB financial performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Management Accounting and Reporting
- The incumbent will offer support in the preparation of monthly segment and product reports for submission to Head Office and to the country BU as well as Line of Business Heads.
- Support financial modelling required in deriving forecasting tools for balance sheet and income statement projections.
- Offer technical support in the development and implementation of reporting of key PBB management information (MI) ensuring data integrity and timely communication to relevant managers.
- Provide PBB, including monthly product, customer and BU performance analysis.
- Drive the required business analysis and related process for making recommendations for new performance opportunities.
- Support in preparation of the annual budget, monthly forecasts and rolling forecasts/revised estimates for PBB
- Responsible for the preparation and consolidation of existing (as well as new reports – in line with evolving business needs) periodic product, customer and Segment performance reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer Business Planning & Analysis job opportunity must hold a B.Com (Accounting/Finance).
- Professional accounting certification i.e. ACCA Level 2
- 0 – 2 years banking experience.
- Good computer skills (SQL, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word).
- Previous financial Modelling and data mining experience
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IFRS
- Highly analytical mind with strong orientation to financial analysis.
- Ability and experience in communicating with all levels of management regarding management information needs.
- Good interpersonal skills required in liaising with people at different levels within the bank.
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to multi-task and work in teams
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- A person with high integrity.
- Good computer skills (Excel Word and PowerPoint)
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 10th November, 2016