Background: OGRA Foundation is a tax-exempt Kenyan Non-governmental Organization founded in 2000 as a youth development group. In 2005 it was elevated to a full-fledged NGO to enable it expand its reach within Nyanza Province.
Today it is one of Western Kenya’s leading Medical emergency and relief Organization active in 3 counties, namely Kisumu, Vihiga and Homa-bay.
OGRA Foundation is currently looking for able professionals to fill the following position in the organization:
Overall Job Function: The Laboratory Technologist will provide accurate, timely and cost effective testing of patient samples to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease in compliance and harmony with the quality laboratory system.
• Perform Laboratory investigations as per clinician’s request and ensure accurate, reliable and timely results.
• Ensure that all relevant records are updated and maintained.
• Monitor and supervise proper usage of laboratory reagents.
• Maintain Laboratory machines in good order- cleaning and covering after use.
• Ensure general laboratory cleanliness is maintained.
• Ensure SOP’S are used at all times.
• Ensuring safety procedures in the laboratory are maintained.
• Preparing of stains, reagents and solutions necessary for all lab tests.
• Participate in the department planning and forecasting of laboratory supplies.
• Ensure laboratory tests are performed accurately and timely
• Ensure proper collection, packaging and transportation of laboratory samples to other outsourced centers.
• Supervise the storage of laboratory reagents and cold chain system to avoid compromised reagents that may lead to false reporting.
• Carry out any other duty assigned by your supervisor.
• At least two years’ experience in a busy facility.
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from a board recognized institution.
• Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Board and with a current practicing license.
• Should be ready and able to work in a rural set up.
• Computer Literate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications detailing current and expected salary and a CV with contact details of three referees to the: Human Resource Manager OGRA Foundation P.O. Box 3050-40100 Kisumu (clearly marking the application with position applied for.) Applications can also be emailed to [email protected] with the position applied for as the subject line by Friday 30th October 2015 latest 12 noon. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. OGRA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.