A leading Oil & Gas company is seeking a mature, dynamic, talented, self motivated, proactive and skilled individual of high personal integrity to fill the Communications Manager position.
The role holder will develop, plan and execute the Business Unit communication strategy, both internal and external, that delivers positive relations with key stakeholders; ensures stakeholder awareness and understanding of the Organisation’s activities, and enhance its reputation and image.
- Identify and define an overall business unit communication strategy that takes account of current business needs and priorities, Kenya operational activities and a 3-5 year look-ahead.
- Develop and execute communications plans and key messages for audiences across Kenya including: staff; general public; media; digital; investors; etc and ensure consistency of message from the Kenya office and the region
- Identify and assess stakeholder environment including identification of key stakeholders; assessment of public perceptions; key risks; etc
- Manage Business Unit Communications component focal areas;
- Manage BU media interface – act as the unit spokesperson with the media and general public; compile crisis communication policy and serve as the principal contact for incoming communication from the media.
- Public relations and reputation management; advise Business Unit Manager on all issues related to external communications, public relations and reputation.
- Liaise at the Group level to ensure that all external communications build and maintain brand awareness and meet business objectives
- Support the development and implementation of a consistent policy and approach to external corporate events including corporate sponsorships and donations etc.
- Degree in Business, Communication studies or related discipline
- 15+ years experience in corporate or public relations and/or communications
- Strong relations and networks with the media
- Ability to identify and define business priorities
- Ability to identify and assess stakeholder environment and define business communications strategy that addresses; accountability and transparency; media management; reputation management within public domain etc
- Strong engagement and communication skills to address: networking; relational and influencing skills; strong command of English language
- Experience in the application and use of various media including print, social, visual and radio
- Experience in development and utilisation of development communications (IEC)
How to Apply
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 9th October 2015
Adept Systems Management Consultants P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Email: [email protected] Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.