Assistant Chief Engineer Job Purpose
- To supervise, check and execute all activities of his department to ensure guest safety and comfort. These activities will include ensuring the smooth and appropriate functioning of air conditioning / heating systems, water supply, heat, light and power, and all equipment in the hotel, while keeping a control on energy costs of the hotel.
- Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and administer the department in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates.
Assistant Chief Engineer Job Responsibilities
- To manage and supervise all Repair and Maintenance staff and contractors.
- To ensure constant check and maintenance of checklist pertaining to all equipment installed in the Hotel
- To schedule all preventive and planned maintenance work for the entire Hotel
- To prepare annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance and capital planning.
- Draw up, implement and monitor energy conservation policy for the hotel
- Identify and advise on any equipment that require maintenance contracts and recommend the best possible option
- Supervise hotel renovations and other projects, negotiate contracts and ensure timely completion of projects within budget.
- Obtain proposals and schedule repair work for the public areas and coordinate repair work schedules to prevent any inconvenience for our guests.
- To ensure adherence to all statutory requirements such as Sewage Treatment plants, etc.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Maintain sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures.
- Understand and respond to customer’s needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for the accurate control of the “Rooms Out of Order” and “Trouble Log” reports to track conditions and deficiencies of the guest rooms and public areas.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, disciplining and review of all R&M staff.
- Identify high performers in the department for reward and recognition.
- Performs special duties as required or designated by the General Manager.
- To act as Duty Manager when required.
- Compile monthly departmental reports.
- To ensure that all R&M staff are well groomed as per the hotel grooming standards
- Participate in the hotel’s social responsibility programme
- To comply with company regulations as stipulated in staff handbook, regarding uniform, timekeeping and general conduct.
- To comply with any statutory and legal requirement for fire, licensing, health and safety and to ensure that you are working in accordance with these requirements.
Qualifications For Assistant Chief Engineer Job
- Degree holder, preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in electrical and/or mechanical systems is essential.
- Minimum of 4 years as the head of a busy engineering department
- Excellent knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- Must be conversant with the Occupational Safety and Health Act 2007.
- Candidates with experience in Hospitality industry will hold an added advantage.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Excellent grooming standards.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative.
How to Apply