Early-career professionals with 2-5+ years work experience and a demonstrated passion for helping both staff and clients achieve their full human potential.
Minimum 2-year commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund began in Kenya and Kenya is now one of our largest and fastest-growing countries of operation. Our vision for 2030 is to end hunger in Kenya and provide a pathway to prosperity for every farm family in the nation. As One Acre Fund Kenya transitions from a start-up to a mature operation we need additional high-performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Kenya team presents the opportunity to build upon our strong operational foundations and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of hundreds of thousands of farm families.
People are the most valuable resource at One Acre Fund. The People Division Associate will work with our People Division departments of HR, Training, and Corporate Operations to design, roll out, and monitor people projects of key strategic importance. Responsibilities of the People Division Associate would include, but not be limited to:
- Driving Change – The People Division Associate in Kenya will have ownership over her/his scope of work. S/he will assess people-related needs across the program, develop a prioritized project pipeline, and execute on high-impact initiatives.
- People Analytics – The People Division Associate in Kenya will be responsible for setting up a people analytics strategy and mentoring staff in HR and Training to execute on this strategy.
- Field Liaison – The People Division Associate in Kenya will act as communication focal point between Field and People Division departments. S/he will lead key projects to build staff support for Kenya’s large field team (1,000+ field staff), provide advice and perspective on people issues to Kenya’s field leadership, and act as an advocate and representative for the People Division in making strategic decisions within the field program.
- Communication – The People Division Associate will work with other departments to create and roll out of communication around People Division work to our staff. S/he will keep their finger on the pulse of staff feedback and communicate it upward to country leadership where appropriate.
- Staff Management & Mentorship – The People Associate will have the primary responsibility for the mentorship and development of our team as they take on greater and more complicated responsibilities. This includes responsibility for assessing learning outcomes at all levels of the organization. An example project would be revising and implementing a tiered curriculum designed to support staff at all levels in the organization in meeting their full potential.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-5+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experience, including project management, team management, or entrepreneurial experiences. Candidates with a background in HR, training/teaching and/or event management are preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Examples include managing a department, driving change initiatives, leading a conference, launching a field program in a developing country.
- Strong undergraduate background at top East African university or international university.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with maturity, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to live in rural Africa for at least two years. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- English required, Kiswahili a plus.
- Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here