Our vision for 2020 is to improve the lives of more than 1 million farm families by delivering exemplary services to their doorsteps. To achieve this, One Acre Fund must grow in both scale and complexity – and we need additional high performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Logistics team presents the opportunity to build upon our strong operational foundations, extend our geographic reach, and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of thousands of farm families.
Logistics Associate Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- The Logistics Associate works specifically to enable the most cutting edge, cost-efficient, and professional rural delivery system on the planet. Our logistics team delivers millions of Kgs of goods each year to hundreds of thousands of farm families across East Africa. Your work will have a tremendous impact on the organization’s key mission of serving the smallholder farmer. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing Input Distributions throughout the growing season
- Building and managing a team of warehouse and logistics professionals
- Crafting policies and procedures in all facets of our logistics work
- Managing a network of 3rd party service providers including transportation, warehousing, and input suppliers
- Serving as a lynchpin coordinator between departments for major annual One Acre Fund distribution processes
- Managing all logistics data and inventory flows as well as leading semi-annual reconciliation processes
- With strong performance, possibility of managing cross-country projects
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
Qualifications For Logistics Associate Jobs In Kenya
- We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2 to 5+ years of work experience and a demonstrated long-term passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encourage to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business,).
- Some experience in supply chain or logistics preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to quickly review, synthesize, analyze and communicate data
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA/class marks).
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Ability to cook / laugh – desirable.
Language: Fluent English required and a working knowledge of French highly desired. Kirundi-speakers are particularly encouraged to apply.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
How to Apply To apply online, Click HERE