Exceptional professional with strong familiarity with bilateral and/or multilateral public funding donors to serve in a research and prospecting position within our Business Development unit.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund is looking for an exceptional individual to join our Business Development team. This position will be based in Nairobi and will work primarily on public funding opportunities. We are looking for someone with very strong research skills and a good base of knowledge in international development.
The individual will play a strong support role within the Business Development unit and their workload will primarily be focused on the following three work tasks:
Responsibilities for the Business Development Job
- Research – This person will serve as the focal point for all Business Development research requests. This will involve receiving, prioritizing and organizing all research requests and following up with strong research outputs, which clearly outline concise, useable information to enable the Business Development unit to secure new funding and fuel our growth as an organization.
- The majority of these requests will be for meeting preparation and prospecting new funding opportunities.
- Public Funding Opportunity Monitoring – In order to ensure the Public Funding team is staying on top of all new public funding opportunities, this role will involve regular opportunity monitoring and information management.
- This will involve consistent in-depth web research as well as organizing and managing meeting outcomes and information to prepare the organization for upcoming funding opportunities.
- Donor Field Visits – This position will serve as the key liaison for organizing and managing donor visits to the field. This will involve managing all logistics for these visits and coordinating with the country team(s) to ensure an appropriate timetable is established.
- Often this will also involve accompanying donors to the field sites and responding to all questions they may have regarding One Acre Fund’s work.
- To be successful in this role, the individual will have to be a skilled communicator and develop strong fluency in One Acre Fund’s program details. Ideally this person will have previous experience in organizing events including complex logistical details.
- Aside from the tasks listed above, the individual will also be expected to stay apprised of One Acre Fund’s public funding portfolio and may be called to provide additional ad hoc support for the team as needed.
Career Growth and Development
- One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills.
- Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews.
- We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
Qualifications for the Business Development Job
- We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience in international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experience in international development; ideally experience engaging with public funding donors (ex: USAID, SIDA, DFID)
- Excellent research and writing skills and experience conducting research in a professional environment.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Experience coordinating events and/or handling complex logistical requests.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include final grade/marks/GPA).
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required.
- Ability to laugh at life and yourself – desirable.
Compensation: Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role paying a meaningful salary for long-term commitment to the organization.
How To Apply