Operation Internships at Wisen HR
An established and growing international courier and logistics company is looking to hire a resourceful Operation Intern to join their team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting in ensuring proper and smooth day to day running of all operations.
Operation Internships Responsibilities
- Liaising directly with clients as well as suppliers at the airport on major shipments.
- Learning on the business: processes and procedures that need to be followed.
- Coordinate shipments with carriers. Arrange equipment, loading/unloading scheduling and requirements.
- Ensuring the purchase invoices are correct and passed to appropriate department for processing.
- Liaising with customs officials at the airport, times tower on issues arising.
- Ensuring timely preparations of the IDF’s
- Liaising with customer service on POD confirmations of shipments.
- Maintain and file all records in accordance with company procedure.
- Input of data in the system and updating on the same.
- Conduct online service surveys on existing clients.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity and recommend any necessary tactical action.
- Any other duties assigned.
Requirements for the Operation Internships
- University Degree in Business Administration, Procurement /supply chain, logistics or relevant field. One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Computer Skills: A must.
Compensation: 15,000 Monthly salary.
Location: The role holder will be based on Mombasa Road, Nairobi.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 17th May 2017
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.