Summerfields Kenya limited is currently seeking to recruit for an Operations Manager to work for its pack house located at EPZ_Athi River.
Operations Manager Job Roles and Responsibilities;
- Overall management of pack house staff, production and technical operations
- Book freight prior to shipping.
- Ensure all statutory documents have been prepared on time.
- Liaise with necessary bodies for certification e.g. HCDA and Kephis and obtain required licenses at all times.
- Managing workforce in a dynamic and multicultural environment Recruit, train, and maintain competent production/Quality Assurance staff Ensuring that all staff trainings are done and that key personnel have the requisite skills and competency required for the job.
- In charge of daily order planning and communication on orders and all export Ensuring that Truck departure from the sites both produce and shipment trucks are on schedule.
- Monitoring of labor efficiency and overtime authorization for the pack house staff.
- Conducting regular worker analysis on performance and making motivational recommendations Handling of all disciplinary cases on site and ensuring harmony and good relationship between staff Site Responsible for overall operations in the pack house.
- Be part of the site HACCP team Monitoring the utilization of Packaging materials and labels with a bid of reducing/minimizing wastages
- Keeping stocks of equipment, crates and staff uniforms and ensure that proper controls and utilization is observed Coordinating the maintenance/servicing of all machinery and equipment on site coordinating all preparations for supermarket audits and customer visits along with the Technical manager.
- Health and Safety – you will ensure that highest standards of health and safety for all workers under you are maintained.
- Effective communication with the sales team on stock levels, labour numbers, pack plan, out load volume and Pack house packing capacity.
- Product Ensuring that all products dispatched for the export market meet the specified customer specifications in terms of safety, quality and quantity.
- Ensuring that production is run such that window period is provided after every shift for cleaning.
NB/ The ideal candidate should possess the following;
- Degree or higher diploma in an Agricultural related field in an agricultural related discipline
- 3 Years of experience in pack house management (added advantage to persons with marketing experience too)
- Should have worked under a demanding schedule meeting set targets on time
- Good Managerial/leadership and communication Skills.
- Knowledge of Customer Market standards. Measure of performance and ensure employees at the pack house are aware of their KPIs and are meeting them.
- Accurate and timely reporting.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
- MS- Office competent
If qualified send your resume quoting the job title on the subject (OPERATIONS MANAGER) to [email protected] stating the current Salary and expected salary.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.