Our client, a global manufacturing company is seeking to recruit an Operations Manager to be based in Nairobi. The preferred candidate MUST have prior work experience in the manufacturing sector and MUST have a proven track record in measuring efficiency, managing a team, financial management and operations.
- Set objectives, provide direction and support team to deliver professional terms of service.
• Analyse and draw information for strategic change and develop an operating strategy for the company.
• Ensure good manufacturing practices are in place.
• Practice all environment, health and safety procedures and make safety a top priority.
• Lead the safe operation and comply with legal, legislate and corporate safety requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement to optimize cost and productivity improvements.
• Understand and implement ISO procedures that relate to the role.
• Develop, analyse and manage operational expenses for the company.
• Work with HR to build a positive employee relations and industrial relations culture.
• Train, coach and provide development opportunities for staff.
• Perform general management duties.
- Musthave a Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering/Management from a recognized university.
• Must have above 5 years’ experience in the manufacturing/logistics sector.
• Must have above 3 years’ experience in a senior management role.
• Must have excellent interpersonal communication at all levels.
• Must have problem solving and analytical skills.