Job Title: Operations Officer (Temp)
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 13500
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Clearing and settlement officer will support the Bank in capturing all out ward clearances and house cheques, received. The job holder will also ensure that all inward cheques are balancing with the electronic journals and the BOU settlement form. The incumbent will be ensure that all out ward cheques are balancing with the outward journals, whilst ensuring that a high level of quality service to the branches and Agent banks is delivered and maintained. He / she will also ettend to reversals and claims with regard to mis-posts, rough sort and list all captured vouchers. The job holder will be tasked with reporting to the clearing house daily on time for clearing and collection purposes on behalf of the Stanbic Bank .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operational Performance:
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures within Stanbic
• The incumbent will process requirements and related time constraints are understood and complied with.
• Maintain a high standard of risk control through ensuring accurate and efficient capturing of transactions and adherence with laid down procedures.
• Identify and report any irregularities doubtful or suspect items and possible losses to the bank in relation to the POD system, Finacle and clearing and settlement dept.
2. Cost Management:
• Ensure cost containment of stationery, utilities expenses, overtime etc and identifying means to reduce costs.
• The incumbent will avoid regular break down of equipment.
• Continuously identifying and implementing cost saving initiatives.
3. Resource Utilisation:
• Drive for improvement in the turnaround time to cut down losses and queries
• Attained the desired productivity levels as set by the unit. Observe work flow and time management.
• Comply with deadlines, punctuality and accuracy requirements, while ensuring that routine tasks are efficiently planned and organised.
• Control fraud and losses by posting instructions accurately.
• Adhere to routine control requirements.
• Display responsibility and ownership.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the Operations Officer vacancy should hold a good university degree in any business related field
• Prior experience in banking is an added advantage; otherwise any one with basic entry requirements to the bank can be trained to do the job.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of local processing activities
• Detailed understanding of the Bank systems, process and procedures.
• Understanding the basics of team dynamics and participation in developing and maintaining a team culture.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 20th October, 2015