Operations Officer Job at Caritas Microfinance Bank
Caritas Microfinance Bank is a fastestgrowing Micro Finance Bank in Kenya whose vision is ‘The Household Bank that Adds Value to All’. As part of our expansion strategy, we are seeking competent and qualified staff to fill the following positions:
Operations Officer Job Purpose
- The Operations Officer is responsible for supporting the Branch Manager; ensures branch operational activities run smoothly and efficiently; provides leadership, training and limited supervision within the branch; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate personnel for new services.
Operations Officer Job Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ensure the bank consistently delivers high quality service to all customers at all times
- Management of the front office services including account opening, cashiering and customer service.
- The job holder must be fully conversant with cashiering services, both front and back office, including cash reconciliation, vault handling and dual custody requirements.
- The holder must also be fully familiar with all KYC requirements and capable of making independent decisions at the customer entry level.
- Ensure compliance; minimize exposure to and the impact of operational risks.
- Ensure proper loan assessment, appraisal, documentation and approval.
- The holder should be able to double up in support activities including deposit mobilization, product sales, field activities and customer acquisition.
- Implementation of established policies, procedures and systems in achieving compliance requirements, efficiency, resource utilization and cost control.
- Proposing the development of new services/products or the improvement in the existing ones in relation with market and results analysis.
- Ensure all reporting tools are available at branch level to correctly monitor all branch activities.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for Operations Officer Job
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience 2 of which must be in a deposit taking environment will be required.
- A relevant degree in business, accounting, finance or related fields.
- In addition persons with additional professional qualifications like ACIB, AKIB, CPA or Diploma in Microfinance or Co-operative Management will have an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed Cover letter and CV to [email protected] On or before 9th September 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.