Business Development Officer at Optiven Water
We are looking for a Business Development Officer to be responsible for Optiven Water by ensuring business growth, development and also monitor Water distribution Officers. The position will be based in our site office in Kitengela.
Business Development Officer Job Responsibilities
- Manage our existing customers and develop new customers within the defined area to ensure that our sales target is achieved.
- Develop and implement a Water Sector Business Plan which will target the customers that we will focus on and the sales expectations from those target customers.
- Carry out site surveys where required to Water and Water Treatment Sites throughout the region, prepare site visit reports.
- Be in charge and responsible for meter reading, collection of bills and payments
- The achievement of agreed sales and profit targets – analyzed on a monthly basis.
- Be fully conversant with the commercial and technical requirements of customers and competitors within preselected and defined market sectors.
- To contribute to the monthly report detailing activities, sales vs target.
- Provide weekly;- visit schedule and previous week customer visit reports
- Respond to and follow up all sales enquiries and quotations using appropriate methods i.e. CRM, recording results to an agreed format.
- Communicate on a frequent basis, progress of account action plans, objectives and overall budgets
- To contribute to annual Business plans / strategy for the development of sales into the Industrial & process valve related market sectors.
- To provide technical support at customer request.
- Advised way of written report new potential sales opportunities and/or additional product development within existing/ new customers.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations and procedures at all times.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
Business Development Officer Job Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma in Sales and Marketing, Business Management or any other related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Sales and Marketing. Experience in Water Supply business will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and Computer Operations.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent in developing customer relationships and customer service
- Aggressive in meeting sales targets.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills, honesty and transparency
- Professionalism, high level of maturity, good character with positive values
How To Apply
Applications should be sent to [email protected] by the 31st of March 2017