Cost Accountant/Cost Analyst Job at Optiven
We are looking for a Cost Accountant to be accountable for the ongoing analysis of processconstraints,target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
Responsibilities for the Cost Accountant/Cost Analyst Job
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
Cost Accountant/Cost Analyst Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA (K)
- Minimum of 3 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience working with manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills, honesty and transparency
- Professionalism, high level of maturity, good character with positive values
How To Apply
Applications should be sent to [email protected] by the 31st of March 2017