Position: Cashier / Shop Controller – Thika Duty Station
Reporting to: Shop Manager
Range: 3 months Fixed Contract
Department: Mass Market
Role Purpose: The Cashier / Shop Controller will ensure adherence to all finance controls, processes, and policies in the shop at cash point to safe guard daily shop collections, management of all Retail Stocks (physical and virtual), ensuring all shop business activities are running smoothly by prompt receipting of all payments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Operational – Cashier Role
- Daily cash and stocks management at the cashier point including balancing of cash and stocks records on daily basis as required;
- Receiving and receipting Orange partners and customers payments i.e. electronic funds transfer, bank slips, cash & cheque payments on invoices in the systems as per the required guidelines;
- Receipting of withholding VAT certificates as per guidelines issued from time to time;
- Receipting stocks against credit notes, orange vouchers based on authority and guidelines issued from time to time
- Releasing of receipted stocks to customers;
- Verify visa cards by confirming authenticity, expiry date, and signature before receipting;
- Verify cheques before receipting to conform to the required guidelines i.e. validity date, with no alterations, signatures, amount in words and figures agree;
- Disburse staff payments (in the regions) as per the company policy & procedures.
- Daily management of orange money/Orange money transactions to conform to the laid down procedures;
- Generating sales orders in the systems
Operational Shop Controller Role
- Overall managing of daily shop collections and safe keeping of cash and cheques.
- Escalation of any unexplained variances of cash and stocks to Area Finance Controller for further action
- Daily banking of cash and cheques or as per laid down treasury guidelines on banking
- Daily balancing of shop summary control book reconciled with daily cash and bank reconciliation report prepared by Area Finance Representative.
- Overall management all of retail stocks under the shop by determining optimal stocks at all time, and returning excess stocks to central stores
- Daily Issuing & balancing of cash and stock movements (all stocks including virtual airtime) as per laid down guidelines, and ensuring that all stocks sales are receipted on daily basis
- Formal/Proper cash and stocks handover during shift change over/ while on leave including signing and witnessing
- Ensure all stocks system transactions are completed, stocks are acknowledged/ verified at point of receiving / dispatching in the shop, from central stores, Stocks Management and Inter- shop transfers within 48 hours of dispatch/receipts
- Manage consignment stocks from suppliers through warehouse, including return dates for consignment stocks as per authority and guidelines
- Arrange stocks in an orderly manner with labeling
- Record keeping and Safe custody of all finance related documents and records
- Immediate escalation of any system problem/failure and stocks received anomalies to the relevant office and Area Finance Controller for immediate resolution
- Conduct daily sales invoice generation in system, i.e. Mypos and CRM systems
- Systems supervisory roles to be able to correct/reverse receipting errors as per required guidelines
- Responding to planned/unplanned investigation/shop inspections/cash/stock take, Internal, and External audit queries
- Prepare, maintain and update cashier daily balancing book T165;
- Orange money daily reports
- Monthly stock take and variance analysis report in liaison with finance rep;
- CIT monthly report by 5th of every month
- E-jaze reconciliation;
- Prepare and circulate on monthly basis Withheld value added tax (WVAT) report/returns supported by original receipts
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field, or CPA final or any other relevant qualification
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in Telecommunication industry on the same role
- Computer literacy
- Honesty and integrity
- Planning and organizing and pro-active approach
- Team-work, communication and co-operation
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressured time
- Self-motivated able to work under minimum supervision
- Customer and business focused attitude
This position is open to Kenyan Citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
How to Apply
Application should be sent by latest 18th March 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through [email protected] and quote job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.